2019 Summer Intern in US
Action for Peace through Prayer and Aid (APPA) has committed itself to end poverty, foster racial harmony and educate future leaders. It was founded in Washington D.C. in 1997 for the purpose of eradicating poverty. In 2013, it has gained the UN ECOSOC Consultative status and become a global Non-profit Organization. Since then, it continued to cooperate with the UN through training its interns to research on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). APPA internship program allows interns to thrive in their own fields and create their own portfolios by the end of the internship.
*Tasks for all interns
- Report and upload
- Attend seminars in Washington D.C. (Ex: Brookings Institution, CATO, etc.) and international organizations (Ex: UN, World Bank, IMF, etc.)
1) Attend Think Tank conference and report
- Travel to NYC to attend the UN Conference as APPA representatives (Ex: CRPD, Aging, Women's Rights, etc.)
- Network with experts and professionals in related fields
3) News briefing
- Read an article in related field every morning and report
1) Time: 9 AM - 5 PM (5 days a week) *Can be adjusted based on position
2) Place: 3670 Joy Lane, Waldorf MD 20603
*Application process: Download Application Form
1) Deadline: 4. 30, 2019
2) Phone Interview will be scheduled after initial review of application
3) Results: May 3, 2019 in blog
2) Attend UN Conference
4) How to apply: send resume with cover letter, English essay sample (1-2 pages),
self-introduction letter (1-2 pages), and 2019 Summer Intern Application Form to
1) Interns are able to attend UN Conference, World Bank and/or International seminars
2) Interns will receive certificates after internship
3) Recommendation letter for future internship or graduate school
4) Transportation fee for attending conferences
1) This is a non-paid internship in the US. APPA will not support you with flight fare, room and board, or transportation fee. cost $900 per month at the APPA Internship House. Room and board will cost $2.500 per month, if you
want to live out of the APPA internship House.
2) APPA will support the transportation fee only for airport pick-up and drop-off, public conferences, and seminar participation.
3) APPA will write an invitation letter for US Immigration Officer Interview at the airport.
4) APPA will write a non-paid internship letter for an internship scholarship to your school, if you want to apply.
*Internship fee payment:
Check Payable to "APPA"
Please mail it to:
APPA (Sang Jin Choi)
3670 Joy Lane
Waldorf, MD 20603
U. S. A.
*U.S. Bank Account
Bank Name: Capital One Bank
Account No.: 2174302705
Routing No.: 255071981
Swift Code: NFBKUS33XXX
Bank Address: 1075 5th St NW, Washington, DC, USA
Bank Phone: 1-(202) 289-2215
Org. Name: Action for Peace through Prayer & Aid
Account Holder Name: Action for Peace through Prayer & Aid
Holder Phone Number: 1-571-259-4937
Holder Address: 3670 Joy Lane, Waldorf, MD 20603 (USA)
*Korea Bank Account
기업은행 551-029208-01-013 (평화나눔공동체)