2019 Summer Youth Internship in USA
UN International Human Solidarity Day &
UN International Holocaust Remembrance Day Camp
UN High Commissioner for Refugees (DC) Visit
Action for Peace through Prayer and Aid (APPA) has committed itself to end poverty, foster racial harmony and educate future leaders. It was founded in Washington D.C. in 1997 for the purpose of eradicating poverty. In 2013, it has gained the UN ECOSOC Consultative status and become a global Non-profit Organization. Since then, it continued to cooperate with the UN through training its interns to research on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). APPA internship program allows interns to thrive in their own fields and create their own portfolios by the end of the internship.
*Tasks for all interns
1) Attend Think Tank conference and report
- Attend seminars in Washington D.C. (Ex: Brookings Institution, CATO, etc.) and international organizations (Ex: UN,
World Bank, IMF, etc.)
- Report and upload in blog
- Network with experts and professionals in related fields
2) News briefing
- Read an article in related field every morning and report
*Work Schedule for winter vacation (2-4 weeks)
1) Time: 9 AM - 5 PM (5 days a week) *Can be adjusted based on position
2) Place: 3670 Joy Lane, Waldorf MD 20603
*Application process: Download Application Form
1) Deadline: 5.15.2019
2) Phone Interview will be scheduled after initial review of application
3) Results: 5.17.2019
4) How to apply: self-introduction letter (1-2 pages) and
2019 Summer Intern Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Interns are able to attend UN Conference, World Bank and/or International seminars
2) Interns will receive certificates after internship
3) Recommendation letter for future internship or graduate school
4) Transportation fee for attending conferences
*Cost and Benefit
1) This is a non-paid internship for those who are residential students in the US. APPA will not support you with flight
fare, room and board, or transportation fee.
2) Room and board will cost $400 per week at the APPA Internship House, but it will cost $1500-$2000, if you want to
live out of the APPA internship House.
3) APPA will support the transportation fee only for airport pick-up and drop-off, public conferences, and seminar
4) APPA will write an invitation letter for US Immigration Officer Interview at the airport.
5) APPA will write a non-paid internship letter for an internship scholarship to your school, if you want to apply.
6) APPA will issue a community service certificate.
World Bank HQ Visit and Seminar
*Internship fee payment:
Check Payable to "APPA"
Please mail it to:
APPA (Rev. Choi)
3670 Joy Lane
Waldorf, MD 20603
U. S. A.
*U.S. Bank Account
Bank Name: Capital One Bank
Account No.: 2174302705
Routing No.: 255071981
Swift Code: NFBKUS33XXX
Bank Address: 1075 5th St NW, Washington, DC, USA
Bank Phone: 1-(202) 289-2215
Org. Name: Action for Peace through Prayer & Aid
Account Holder Name: Action for Peace through Prayer & Aid
Holder Phone Number: 1-571-259-4937
Holder Address: 3670 Joy Lane, Waldorf, MD 20603 (USA)
*Korea Bank Account
은행: 한국 씨티은행
계좌번호: 203-09953-261-01 (예금주-최상진)